Infectious Disease/Public Health Medical Officer
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Immunization Branch is hiring two physicians:
Applications are due 8/16/21. There is some overlap in the duties to increase Branch capacity and allow for cross-coverage on medical consultation for routine and COVID vaccination as well as vaccine-preventable diseases (VPD) investigation. However, the primary focus of the two Public Health Medical Officer (PHMO) positions differs as described below.
1. One PHMO III focuses on VPD diagnosis, surveillance and control with the Branch’s VPD Epidemiology and Control Section. This includes investigations and containment of VPD outbreaks as well as improving VPD surveillance systems. See application instructions and duty statement here: https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=262625
2. One PHMO III focuses on COVID and routine childhood and adult immunization policy and practice with the Branch’s Clinical and Policy Section. This includes implementing recent California laws on medical exemptions to immunization requirements for school and childcare (ShotsForSchool.org), as well as COVID vaccination programs in congregate settings. See application instructions and duty statement here: https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=262630
Only physicians currently on the Public Health Medical Officer (PHMO) III civil service list* (and current CDPH PHMO IIIs) are eligible to apply. If you are not yet on the list, please read section marked with an asterisk below.
For questions about the positions, contact Sarah.Royce@cdph.ca.gov. For questions about how to apply for the positions or the civil service exam process, contact CIDJOBS@cdph.ca.gov. While telework is encouraged during the pandemic, these positions will be eventually based in Richmond, California (Contra Costa County, across the bay from San Francisco).
*If you are not yet on a PHMO list, we encourage you to take both civil service exams. We may be able to interview you if your exam is in process, and there may be additional openings in the coming months. The deadline for the next exam is 8/20/21.
a. Follow the instructions in the links for PHMO III exam 8H1AE02.PDF (ca.gov). While not required for the current Immunization Branch openings, please also consider taking the PHMO III (Epidemiology) exam 8H1AE03.PDF (ca.gov) for other CDPH openings.
b. Instead of a test, the civil service exam process requires applicants to submit a state application, including a copy of their Board Certification. While a current California medical license is required for hire, applications for the civil service exam will be accepted if your California license is in process. Applicants should ensure confirmation that their exam materials wereas received, either by tracking USPS or email.
c. After this, you will receive an email survey (Qualifications Assessment).
Infectious Disease - Los Angeles
A well-established Infectious Disease practice in Los Angeles is seeking to hire an additional associate to join their expanding practice.
- Position is 100% Infectious Disease
- Excellent compensation
- Starting salary at $230,000 plus production bonus
- Health insurance
- All standard industry benefits provided
Please send your resume to office@AlliedID.org
or fax it to : 818-660-1364